- WINTER WEATHER: Regardless of Cedar Falls Schools weather delays or cancellations all Rec Center fitness classes will be offered and held as scheduled.
- Daily facility fee is to be paid to try out any Fitness Class or be in the facility
- Fitness classes for 16 and older unless approval is made by the Fitness Supervisor, no children spectators in class please
- 12-16 year olds in the weight room must have approval and time with the Fitness Supervisor before any use
- Fitness classes, on occasion, have pictures taken for the Rec Center’s social media, let the instructor know if you would like to refrain from being in the pictures
Pre-Registered Classes 1/2 price with a membership
Tai Chi for Arthritis & Fall Prevention
Tai Chi is an ancient Chinese exercise program that promotes strength, flexibility and balance. This is a low-impact, relaxing form of exercise that is ideal for older individuals. Tai Chi focuses on the mental and spiritual aspects of Chinese martial arts integrated into movement. Individuals will learn warm-up, cool down and 12 introductory forms. Modifications can be made for those who need to remain seated for all or most of the class. The Tai Chi for Arthritis and Fall Prevention classes will be taught by trained leader, Erin Berger.
Tuesdays & Thursdays 9–9:45am
(8 Week Sessions)
Part 1: March 3-April 23 ( Beginner)
Part 2: March 3-April 23 ( Intermediate)
*Tai Chi students must successfully complete Tai Chi Part 1 before taking Part 2
Cost: $30/session: Rec Center Members $60/session: Non-Members
Tai Chi has been shown to:
• Improve balance
• Increase leg strength
• Reduce fear of falling
• Improve mobility
• Increase flexibility
• Improve psychological health
Contact the Rec Center at (319) 273-8636 to register. Class sizes are limited, call early!